Mackie CR5-X Overview
The Mackie CR5-X is a pair of Creative Reference Series 5″ multimedia monitors offering a compact solution for quality audio playback in home studios and gaming setups. With 80W of amplification driving 5″ woofers and 0.75″ tweeters, the CR5-X monitors deliver more volume and bass than the smaller CR3-X and CR4-X.
The pair consists of one passive speaker and one powered speaker that connect with an included speaker cable. Each monitor incorporates a custom-tuned rear port to smoothly extend the low end and a specially designed waveguide for clarity and proper dispersion of high frequencies.
With plenty of I/O provided, the CR5-X can accept a feed from your audio interface, computer soundcard, or mobile device while pumping out your mix to the drivers or your favorite headphones.
The CR5-X features a download for ProTools | First and The Musician’s Collection plug-in package including 23 high-quality plug-ins with BBD Delay, Eleven Lite, the 304E EQ, and the 304C Compressor.
- For recording, mixing, sound design, gaming, and casual listening
- All-wood cabinet with a brushed-metal front panel
- 3.5mm, RCA, and 1/4″ inputs accommodate balanced or unbalanced stereo line-level signal from your audio interface, mixer, soundcard, or mobile device
- Front-panel 3.5mm headphone port auto-defeats speaker output
- 80W of amplification drive the 5″ polypropylene-coated woofers and 0.75″ ferrofluid-cooled, silk-dome tweeters
- Speaker placement switch lets you choose which side to use for the on/off/volume control
- Includes a 3.5mm to stereo RCA cable for connecting your computer to the speakers, a standard 3.5mm cable to plug in your smartphone, and a speaker cable to connect the left and right monitors
- Included monitor isolation pads minimize boomy bass buildup and provide up/down tilt control for more focused listening
- Powered: Yes
- Power Configuration: Single Amp
- LF Driver Size: 5″ Woofer
- LF Driver Type: Polypropylene-coated
- HF Driver Size: 0.75″ Tweeter
- HF Driver Type: Ferrofluid-cooled Silk-dome
- Total Power: 80W Class AB
- Frequency Response: 50Hz-20kHz (-10dB)
- Crossover Frequency: 3.0 kHz
- Maximum Peak SPL: 105 dB SPL
- Input Types: 1 x Dual RCA Stereo, 2 x 1/4″ TRS, 1 x 1/8″
- Output Types: 1 x 1/8″ (headphones), bare wire connectors +/- (connects pair)
- Enclosure Type: Rear Ported
- Enclosure Material: Solid MDF with Black Vinyl wrap
- Height: 10.2″
- Width: 6.9″
- Depth: 9.3″
- Weight: 14.9 lbs.