One of Córdoba’s flagship models, the C5 is perfect as a first nylon-string guitar, this lightweight model is built with a solid Cedar top and mahogany back and sides to produce a clear, powerful tone with beautiful sustain. Handmade in the traditional Spanish style, the C5’s carved headstock, hand-inlaid wood rosette, Pau Ferro binding, Savarez strings, and glossy PU finish result in a guitar that truly stands out from all other entry-level options. A lightweight adjustable truss rod is built into the neck for stability. Available in Natural finish with solid Engelmann Spruce top.
The Cordoba C5 doesn’t skimp on construction. The C5 features traditional handmade classical guitar design, including the solid cedar top (choice top wood for classical guitars) and Spanish-style fan bracing. Fan bracing is preferred for classical guitars over lattice bracing, as it allows the guitar’s top to vibrate more freely while still providing evenly balanced tone.
While the Cordoba C5 is inexpensive, Cordoba did not sacrifice quality materials. The mahogany back and sides set a powerful tonal foundation for the solid cedar top, giving you the right blend of deep richness and brilliance. The neck is also solid mahogany, for optimum transfer of string energy to the cedar top. A rosewood fingerboard and bridge complete the elegant look.
Great look, great playability
The Cordoba C5 is a joy to simply look at, from the detailed rosette inlay and Indian rosewood binding to the gold tuners with pearl buttons. And you’ll love how the gloss finish shows off the mahogany body and cedar top. But looks aren’t everything – the C5 was designed with playability in mind, and the great look is just the icing on the classical cake.
Cordoba C5 Nylon-string Acoustic Guitar Features:
- Great-sounding guitar at an amazing price
- Traditional Spanish fan bracing provides a balanced, lively sound
- Mahogany back and sides for full-bodied frequency response
- Cedar top for excellent definition and projection
- String Type: Nylon
- Number of Strings: 6
- Body Shape: Spanish Classic
- Body Style: No Cutaway
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Top Wood: Canadian Cedar
- Back & Sides Wood: Mahogany
- Body Bracing: Fan Bracing
- Binding: Indian Rosewood
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Number of Frets: 19
- Scale Length: 25.6″
- Tuning Machines: Gold Tuners with Pearl Buttons
- Bridge Material: Indian Rosewood
- Nut/Saddle Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 2″
- Strings: Savarez Cristal Corum in High Tension 500CJ
- Overall Length: 39.5″
- Body Width:14.75″
- Body Depth: 3.7″-3.9″